The Downtown Troy BID is offering multiple internship positions within a thriving non-profit organization. This opportunity involves project-based work within a tight-knit team that includes the Executive Director, Communications Administrator, Board of Directors, committees and other interns. Each internship position will greatly contribute to the city of Troy’s economic development, tourism, beautification and cultural functions through a variety of responsibilities and tasks. The intern will gain hands-on experience interacting with diverse array of BID members, including small business owners, property owners, citizens and public officials. Each intern will work between staff projects and several committees that include marketing, development, beautification, fundraising and executive. Some work will involve direct outreach to member institutions via telephone, email and face-to-face interaction. There are many moving parts and projects in our office that also requires the ability to work independently. Interns may also assist with various marketing, program development, and event planning tasks. Last but not least, interns will also help on variety of general day-to-day duties that help the BID function.
Part-time Hours (flexible & negotiable):
Weekly: Monday - Friday (9a.m. - 5p.m.)
Internship may include some weekends & evenings for special events
Internship Commitment Durations:
Spring 2016 (January-May)
Summer 2016 (May-August)
• Progress towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Arts, Theater, Business, Communications, Graphic Design, Documentary Studies, Journalism, Marketing, Non-profit Management, Photography, Videography or other concentration relevant to internship desired.
• Highly effective communication and organizational skills are required for success.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing and database management concepts is preferred.
• Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously is required.
• Ability to think creatively and independently to produce innovative solutions to general operations
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and social media platforms.
• Strong analytical skills and a high degree of attention to detail must be demonstrated
Compensation: The internship is unpaid but our office can ensure that interns receive credit some form of credit and recommendations. Summer event season interns may be eligible for stipends.
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com, with internship title and name in the subject line.
Position Details: Applicants should have keen ability to design engaging graphic strategies and materials for print, web and social media. This will include banners, maps, logos, posters, t-shirts, promotional items and other marketing materials and deliverables as needed. Some of the products may be used as transferable resources, sponsorship proposals, marketing campaigns, events planning and brand development. Knowledge of and experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Reader or other design applications is required. The Graphic Design intern will work collaboratively on a team of staff and interns to create innovative marketing collateral that supports the Downtown Troy BID mission. Projects and duties include: customizing digital and print advertisements; creating ads for events; editing and updating existing media and website content; design custom brochures/handouts as needed; PowerPoint presentations; Identifying stock images that enhance our outreach capacity; developing and maintaining image library; and creating infographics. If you have the talent and passion to be a voice for downtown Troy, then this is for you.