The Downtown Troy BID is offering multiple internship positions within a thriving non-profit organization. This opportunity involves project-based work within a tight-knit team that includes the Executive Director, Communications Administrator, Board of Directors, committees and other interns. Each internship position will greatly contribute to the city of Troy’s economic development, tourism, beautification and cultural functions through a variety of responsibilities and tasks. The intern will gain hands-on experience interacting with diverse array of BID members, including small business owners, property owners, citizens and public officials. Each intern will work between staff projects and several committees that include marketing, development, beautification, fundraising and executive. Some work will involve direct outreach to member institutions via telephone, email and face-to-face interaction. There are many moving parts and projects in our office that also requires the ability to work independently. Interns may also assist with various marketing, program development, and event planning tasks. Last but not least, interns will also help on variety of general day-to-day duties that help the BID function.
Part-time Hours (flexible & negotiable):
Weekly: Monday - Friday (9a.m. - 5p.m.)
Internship may include some weekends & evenings for special events
Internship Commitment Duration:
Spring 2016 (January-May)
Summer 2016 (May-August)
• Progress towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Arts, Theater, Business, Communications, Graphic Design, Documentary Studies, Journalism, Marketing, Non-profit Management, Photography, Videography or other concentration relevant to internship desired.
• Highly effective communication and organizational skills are required for success.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of marketing and database management concepts is preferred.
• Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously is required.
• Ability to think creatively and independently to produce innovative solutions to general operations
• Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and social media platforms.
• Strong analytical skills and a high degree of attention to detail must be demonstrated
Compensation: The internship is unpaid but our office can ensure that interns receive some form of credit and recommendations. Summer event season interns may be eligible for stipends.
How to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with internship title and name in the subject line.
Position Details: Assist in the coordination of events that are hosted by the Downtown Troy BID and within the district boundaries, including art installations, festivals, concerts, markets, workshops, conferences, and theater performances. Events interns will help maintain and update all vendor information and outreach, as well as participate in efforts to publicize events. The event planning intern will work on the day of each event to insure successful execution. Events include; Troy River Fest (June), The Troy Pig Out (July), Rockin’ on the River (Wednesdays from June to August), Restaurant Week (September), ChowderFest (October), Annual Dinner (December), Troy Night Out (last Friday of every month), Meet & Greets, “Discover Troy”, For Rent Event (May), Troy Maker’s Market (every Saturday), and Free Fitness in the Park (Sunday mornings June to August). *Event dates are subject to change, and other events may be added.