Downtown Troy Business Improvement District Mission
The BID cultivates and advocates the economic growth of Downtown Troy by creating an inviting, dynamic, and sustainable community that celebrates the city’s history while building towards its future. The BID is dedicated to improving the quality of life within the district to further enhance and make our community a vibrant, attractive destination for visitors, businesses, residents, property owners, the daily workforce, and students.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with media outlets
- Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Request, collect and assemble monthly promotional event listings
- Work with media outlets to publish timely, press releases, media advisories and other marketing and advertising materials
- Produce and/or design promotional materials
- Maintain DowntownTroy.org events calendar, community billboard, event pages, etc.
- Manage and maintain social media accounts
- Maintain email marketing and contact lists
- Attend monthly marketing committee meetings
- Maintain professional relationships with business and community members
- Provide general support to visitors
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain filing systems and deposits
- Assist with event details and execution as needed
- Research and prepare grant proposals
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, business, or similar program -or- 4 years communications and/or marketing experience.
Writing, problem solving, organization, professionalism, fluent in Microsoft Office suite.
Background with nonprofits, event operations, marketing and/or graphic design appreciated.
Please submit resume and cover letter, available start date as well as preferred salary / hourly rate by Monday, September 12, 2016 by 11:59pm. Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Administrator” or mail to 251 River Street, Troy, NY 12180.
Pay will be determined based on individual skill level and schedule (three-quarter time to full time). Hourly rate of $12 to $16.